EzDevInfo.com

webmail interview questions

Top webmail frequently asked interview questions

Hosted email provider similar to Gmail

I am using Google's hosted email for my business right now. I like the gmail/web interface but I need to create some account aliases, auto-responders, etc.

It is also $50/yr per account which I can't justify on spending for a simple alias or forwarder.

Hosted exchange would work, but I would like a web UI that is lighter weight or more performant.

Source: (StackOverflow)

How to add tags to webmail addresses? [closed]

Suppose my email address is foobar@gmail.com. I can receive messages sent to foobar+123@gmail.com and foobar+456@gmail.com with no additional configuration. This is of course useful for programatically fetching and processing these messages.

However, this same technique does not seem to work for other services such as: Yahoo AOL GMX mail.com

Does anybody know if email address tagging is supported for these specific services, and if so, which character delimiter is used?

Source: (StackOverflow)

Archiving all in Gmail inbox--webmail vs IMAP

I have about 13,000 messages in a Gmail inbox, and would like to switch to a system of archiving messages once they're dealt with, rather than using read/unread status.

I know how to do this via webmail, but then, I usually use Thunderbird for Gmail. Is there any advantage to performing the operation via webmail or via Thunderbird? Which will take the least time for Thunderbird to work through in the end to get them sync'd up?

Source: (StackOverflow)

Using Gmail to manage multiple email accounts (not all @gmail.com)

Can you use Gmail like you'd use Outlook or Mac mail, i.e., be able to see a bunch of accounts and use them from inside Gmail?

I know that you can do this in the new Outlook.com but we're already very familiar with Gmail.

The accounts I have vary (some @gmail, some @hotmail, and a couple of work ones) although I presume you'd add them by using IMAP and SMTP user names so you'd be able to add any account.

Source: (StackOverflow)

Is there a way to forward my Yahoo mail to my Gmail account without paying?

I looked around a little bit on Yahoo and it looks like if I upgrade, I can forward my email. But I'm a cheapskate and I hate checking different accounts. Is there anything I can do?

Source: (StackOverflow)

Sign and encrypt web-mail with digital id

Using a digital id to sign and encrypt messages in Outlook has been working fine. However, is there a way to do this in general using web mail via a web ui? I have both GMail and email from an ISP in mind here.

Source: (StackOverflow)

Is there a way to filter messages into a certain folder in Yahoo! Mail?

Is there a way to filter messages into a certain folder in Yahoo! Mail (much similar to what is available in Gmail)?

Source: (StackOverflow)

Scheduled emails from free webmail

I would like to send scheduled emails from my Gmail even when my computer is turned off. Is it possible? If not, is there a free webmail provider that offers the option?

Source: (StackOverflow)

Easier way to set up external pop3 accounts in Gmail?

Gmail lets you use other Pop3 email accounts. Setting them up isn't too hard, but it does involve a few steps.

Is there an easier way?

I know many hosting providers offer 1 click configuration scripts for desktop mail clients (For example, my host offers "one click" files for Mac Mail app (on iOS and Mac), Windows Live Mail and Microsoft Outlook).

Is there anything similar that can be used with Gmail.

I know you can forward email to a Gmail address, but then you can't reply with the original email address.

Source: (StackOverflow)

How can I use other color stars in mobile Gmail?

In Gmail on my desktop computer, I can star an email with a variety of colored stars/icons (red star, yellow star, green checkbox, etc.) but when I access Gmail on my Android phone, using the standard Gmail app, the only color I can use for a star is yellow. Is there any way I can use the selection of colored stars on mobile Gmail as I do on desktop Gmail?

Source: (StackOverflow)

Making Zimbra web mail format replies for not top posting?

My company uses Zimbra web mail. I participate in a lot of traditional mailing lists, where top-posting is frowned upon. When I hit reply, I want the message set up for interleaved reply, but instead it's set up for top posting. That is, I'm given a cursor in white space at the top of the page, followed by something like this: